Area Sales Manager (UK/BeNeLux/Germany)
Industry: International Bicycle industry. (OEM manufactures, agents and wholesalers)
SunRace / Sturmey-Archer
SunRace originated in Taiwan in 1972, initially providing entry-level products particularly to North and South America. The boom in sales of mountain bikes resulted in rapid expansion. Twenty-five years later, it had become clear that further growth would only result from higher level components and so commenced the process of taking the product range up-market.
For more than 100 years, Sturmey-Archer has been a pioneer in the design of internal gear hubs, hub brakes and dynamo lighting. This is a history of progressive research and development which has made cycling easier and safer. Moving production to Taiwan in 2000 improved access to better technology, resulting in many design and quality improvements. High quality, design, research and development are now the cornerstones of the company.
The current range of products continues that tradition of innovation and design excellence demanded by discerning cyclists worldwide.
All European activities are coordinated bij Sturmey-Archer Europe B.V. located in Mijdrecht the Netherlands. Due to rapid growth we are looking for a new Area Sales Manager.
- Maintain and expand business with existing clients. (Bike Manufactures, Wholesalers, Agents)
- Develop new business opportunities in the Northern Europe region (UK, Germany, BeNeLux mostly).
- Build knowledge of current market conditions and identify relevant market trends.
- Initiate marketing activities to support business development goals.
- You report to the General Manager
- Your direct colleague is responsible for Southern Europe. His experience and knowledge is available to you.
- You work closely with the internal sales manager, he will be managing the client together with the ASM, the ASM is always in the lead.
- You have experience in working internationally and are used to travel on a regular basis or at least a desire to travel.
- A minimum of 5 years in relevant, successful new business development and b2b sales preferably in the bicycle industry.
- Used to work with agent management and key account management.
- Fluent in at least Dutch and English
- You have some technical knowledge preferably in bicycle tech or at least affinity.
- You are an excellent teamplayer, but also a selfstarter and have the ability to really understand your clients’ needs. An analytical person who’s able to come up with good problem solving solutions.
For more information about this position or your application, you can contact Bas Westerbos.
We are looking forward to your application!