As a Business Developer & Partnership Manager at SurePay, you’ll be part of our business development team and report to our Chief Revenue Officer. You will grow our client base within the Netherlands, focusing on corporates and creating partnerships. This position is suitable mid-level business development & partnerships professional, offering an exciting opportunity to contribute to the success of our dynamic fintech company.
Your job at SurePay
At SurePay, we’re looking for results-oriented colleagues to join our high-impact team. As a business developer & partnership manager you will focus on the Dutch market, educating potential clients about our products and building effective relationships with customers and partners.
It will be your responsibility to generate new business in the corporate domain, improve on existing partnerships and cultivate new partnerships. You’ll proactively create opportunities, attract new clients and up-sell to existing customers. Building and maintaining solid long-term relationships with key leads is at the core of what you’ll do, as well as staying in the loop with developments and trends in the market. You hold the ability to translate complex concepts into easily digestible information when speaking with prospects and potential partners.
Your main tasks
- Identifying and targeting prospective SurePay customers in the Netherlands.
- Creating new opportunities for both new and existing customers by conducting outbound pipeline lead generation and qualification.
- Cultivating relationships with stakeholders from targeted institutions by initiating communications and moving opportunities up in the sales funnel.
- Identifying and pursuing strategic partnership opportunities that align with SurePay’s business goals.
- Building and nurturing relationships with potential partners, ensuring mutual success.
- Having conversations regarding contracts in conjunction with our legal department.
- Taking responsibility for the whole sales process from lead generation to contract phase and remaining the point of contact thereafter.
- Keeping up to date with trends and developments within the finance and payments sector.
- Researching and communicating with prospects to get an insight into their current situation and pain points.
How you’ll succeed
- 3-4 years of experience in a business development, partnership or account executive role in SaaS
- Strong communication, negotiation and relationship building skills
- Ability to have contractual discussions
- Results oriented mindset
- Proactive in generating business and cross/up selling
- Strong team player who can also work independently
- Ability to work in the dynamic and sometimes hectic scale-up environment
- Fluent level Dutch and English
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge on the topics of payments, claims and fraud investigations
- Experience and knowledge with various partnership business model
- Founded in 2016
- ± 65 employees
- 20+ nationalities
- 1 office
- Flat organisation
- (Business) Casual
- Average age: 36
SurePay makes payments easier, more personal and even more secure. We are a fast-growing FinTech SaaS company and have secured our Series A funding in September 2021. SurePay stems from an innovation program of Rabobank, started in July 2016 and has been an independent BV since the beginning of 2020. SurePay is being backed by three leading investors, Rabo Frontier Ventures, Connected Capital and Iris Capital.
As we continue to evolve and grow, we’re working hard to scale further in Europe while continuing to build our talented and driven team. Currently, we’re working according to agile methodologies with 5 scrum teams and a business team made up of various disciplines.
You might know us from our leading product, the IBAN-Name Check, also known internationally as Confirmation of Payee. It’s used by millions of people on a daily basis and is incorporated into payment platforms of banks, corporates and governmental bodies throughout the Netherlands and the UK. We recently also connected to France, meaning we have started providing cross-border checks. We are planning to continue expanding within Europe, bringing our mission of preventing fraud and misdirected payments. Not only are we entering new markets, but also growing our services and product offering through continuous innovation.
SurePay’s core values are; We Care, Build Together, Think Forward and Be Responsible. These core values are the driver’s of our culture and can be seen as guidelines on our beliefs and behaviour. It defines what we find important as a company and the way we work together everyday.
- We Care: We are a supportive employer and understand that health, family and safety is what really matters. We care about our employees, customers, partners and end-users. Therefore we value creating a safe workspace where everybody can be their authentic self and where we, together, work on the same mission to provide safer payments.
- Build Together: We believe in teamwork and strive towards the best results together with employees and customers. Our diversity, both personal and professional, is one of our key strengths.
- Think Forward: We are frontrunners and are on top of our game. Our customers can rely on innovative solutions to service their current and future needs. With a problem solving mindset, we anticipate challenges and adapt to a fast changing environment.
- Be Responsible: We all contribute to reaching our mission of reducing fraud and misdirected payments, leading to a positive impact on society. We take responsibility, show ownership and make honest decisions.